02 Jun

2 new solitaire games, weird lags and high CPU usage

I have added 2 new games to All-in-One Solitaire (HTML5 version only for now) and the very next day started receiving complaints about the game being slow…
I have tested the game on all the computers I have, one of them is 6 years old, and the game was working as smoothly as before.
I have a feeling that the problem is because of the latest OpenFL/Lime, as it still has lots of bugs and every update is kind of a gamble, while some bugs are being fixed, others appear. 😥
Thanks to one really nice and skillful player, I came to the conclusion that the game is working slow only on computers with AMD CPU and, maybe, in Chrome browser.
None of my computers have AMD CPU, so I’m not able to 100% confirm this weird bug.
Luckily, I was able to rollback to the older version of OpenFL/Lime.
It will be challenging to release new updates though…

New games are Lady Jane Solitaire and Alhambra Solitaire.
Alhambra is a tricky one, I had to cheat a little to make a winning gameplay video. 😉
Lady Jane Solitaire Alhambra Solitaire

One thought on “2 new solitaire games, weird lags and high CPU usage

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *