January 9th, 2017
Just bought pozirk.games domain name!
So far, didn’t come up with any real use, but it looks cool. 😎
I wish I could register it with my favorite Internet.bs, but they don’t sell .game TLD, so I have registered domain with crappy GoDaddy, they were the cheapest. 🙁
Btw, .game TLD is also available, but it’s much more expensive.
September 28th, 2016
Thank to Let’s Encrypt, I was finally able to move all of my websites and sub-domains to SSL.
It was not that hard to obtain all the required certificates, install them and setup an auto update.
Most awesome features about Let’s Encrypt are:
– it’s FREE;
– it supports multiple domains;
– while setup, all the certificates are updated automatically;
– I even use it for my mail server, and FTP, and SVN. Ya, encrypt everything! 🙂
I was also able to setup SSL certificate with NodeJS, so back-end for my games will slowing start moving to SSL connection too.
October 22nd, 2015
Таки смог наконец-то купить домен pozirk.by.
Пока он просто редиректит на pozirk.com, но я очень надеюсь в один прекрасный день сделать русский и белорусский варианты сайта.
Вообще, домен я покупал на аукционе auction.cctld.by, и это было целое приключение.
Аукцион выйграл за 315 белорусских т.р., из них 165 надо было перевести на счёт детского дома, а уже за 150 зарегитрировать сам домен на 1 год.
А потом ещё в детский дом надо было отправить письмо, обычное, бумажное 🙂 , написать, что я им перечислил деньги.
Вот такие они, благотворительные аукционы в Беларуси.
April 20th, 2013
Damn it! I was supposed to start making new game in March… and it’s end of the April already.
– All-in-One Solitaire for iPad/iPhone/iPod
– All-in-One Mahjong for NOOK Tablet
– All-in-One Mahjong for Kindle Fire
And a mobile friendly version of the website now available here: m.pozirk.com
July 10th, 2012
I have recently opened a new section at my website: Unity3D Games.
That’s it. 🙂
August 24th, 2011
Just added a new page to my website: Free Games for Your Website. 🙂
January 11th, 2011
This new year, I’ve decided to start with something positive, like canceling my GoDaddy hosting account, and switching to something better.
I had many problems with GoDaddy’s hosting:
- Too many “500 Internal Error” and websites were loading really slow, or weren’t loading at all.
- GoDaddy’s IPs are listed by AHBL(www.ahbl.org/), so your email won’t be delivered to some Indian and Chinese email addresses (like @163.com), and I had many problems with that. They have this problem for a long time and still can’t solve it. (http://community.godaddy.com/groups/email/forum/topic/godaddy-ip-mail-address-being-blocked-by-major-spam-blocking-sites/)
- Lost connections to MySQL server, because of too many websites using the same database server.
- Equal responses from GoDaddy support like: “We are currently unable to duplicate the issue you are experiencing with your hosting account.”
- No Toll-Free (1-8xx-…) support phone number, so I couldn’t call them from Skype for free.
So, GoDaddy’s shared hosting isn’t good, according to whois.domaintools.com they were hosting 1300+ websites on a single server along with my websites.
Now, I’m on VPS with myhosting.com, They have pretty good plans for a very affordable prices.
Although, their email/online chat support is from India (admin-ahead.com), they are not so bad, and they solved all the problems I had. And btw, they have in-house phone support.
I’m going to wait one more week, to see how things are going with new hosting and then cancel GoDaddy’s hosting account and, probably, transfer all the domains from them.
OK. Bye-bye, GoDaddy.
You’d better have more servers and good support, instead of these useless Racing/Fitness/… “stars” on your homepage.
June 24th, 2010
I have found a mochi plugin for wordpress, that is very nice and easy to use.
This plugin with some wordpress theme modifications gives really nice flash games websites absolutely free!
All this thanx to the plugin and theme author – Emanuele Feronato.
So, ArcademPro is buggy, ugly and slow piece of code, that is why I have switched Free Flash Games website to wordpress engine.
May 21st, 2010
Finally I’ve switched Download Games website from Reflexive engine to BigFish engine. I’ve used one of the templates that comes with their SGS. Hope, I will make new design later.
May 3rd, 2010
Finally I’ve switched to new design for Pozirk Games.